|Women's Bible Study: "Mary Mornings"
Bible study for women and led by women. This Bible study is held jointly with our sister congregations, Jordan and Woodlawn Lutheran Churches.
Details for current or upcoming Women's Bible Studies.
Advent by Candlelight
Advent by Candlelight is an opportunity for women of all ages to set aside the hustle and bustle of holiday preparation and focus their minds and hearts on the birth of Christ. Hostesses decorate a table with a Christmas theme using their own decorations and provide a dessert for their table. The ladies then enjoy music, devotions, and Scripture readings by candlelight. Women are encouraged to invite guests to share in this spiritually rich preparation for Christmas. Details from past and future events are available for viewing.
Women's Fellowship meets for fellowship, caring, sharing, learning, and service. Monthly meetings are held at the Living Hope South (Woodlawn) campus. Special events are also held.
Lenten by Candlelight
Women join together for an afternoon of Bible readings, beautiful music, and delicious food. We’ll be looking at six symbols of Lent. Girls grade 7th and up and women of the congregations are invited and encouraged to invite their female family members, friends, and neighbors for a Christ-centered service to prepare our hearts for the Lenten season.
Lutheran Women's Missionary Society (LWMS)
“LWMS is women dedicated to serving Jesus by increasing awareness of, interest in, and support of the mission outreach of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).”
As WELS women we believe that Jesus was speaking to each of us when he directed his disciples to "...go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19
To this end we freely give of the time, talents, and treasures with which God has richly blessed us.
Good Shepherd's is one of the 900 LWMS member congregations, belonging to the Milwaukee Metro-South Circuit. We are pleased to report that many of our Good Shepherd's women have an active role in the service projects and fellowship opportunities of the LWMS. All Good Shepherd's women are invited to participate. Annual conventions are held in various locations across the country. Learn more about LWMS.
WELS Women's Ministry of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS)
WELS Women’s Ministry, always using Scripture as its guiding principle, has the following objectives:
- To encourage and model personal study of the Bible and use of the Sacraments so that the gospel message may be proclaimed boldly and clearly in our daily lives
- To work under the WELS Commission on Adult Discipleship
- To work together with men to fully understand from Scripture how we are all to serve God
- To explore scripturally sound opportunities for service in every calling of life from home, to church, to the world
- To equip women to fulfill their callings
- To develop fresh approaches to God-pleasing ministries for women
- To offer a variety of venues for communicating and sharing ideas
It serves under WELS Board for Parish Services. The committee organizes events. Visit the WELS Women's Ministry website to learn more about additional resources and future events.
- To thank God for the solid foundation of faith and service he has given to us as an example in the many godly women and men in our congregations who’ve gone before us