Due to the COVID-19 Corona Virus outbreak and in compliance with state mandates, face-to-face classes and activities have been suspended until further notice.
March 27, 2020 Update from the Principal
Dear School Families,
A few weeks ago, I had communicated to school parents that we would try to resume school on April 6th. At the time, that was the Governor’s mandate. With the more recent “Safe at Home” mandate from the Governor, the Governor is recommending that citizens of Wisconsin stay home until April 24th now. This would mean that the soonest that we could be in session is Monday, April 27th. The faculty met via Zoom today in order to “game plan” for this. Keep in mind that the Governor’s current mandate could change between now and then. If so, I will let you know of any new plans. Based on the discussion today, I would like to announce the following event cancellations:
- April 5th – Palm Sunday grades 4K to 8th singing
- April 9th – Jr. Choir Maundy Thursday singing
- April 19th – Grades 1-2 school singing
- The Book Fair and Social Studies Fair were also previously canceled.
I would also like to announce the following upcoming virtual learning weeks:
- April 6th to 9th (No Friday virtual school as this is Good Friday and we were not scheduled to be in session on this day.)
- April 14th to 17th (No Monday virtual school as this is Easter Monday and we were not scheduled to be in session on this day.)
- April 20th to 24th (Monday through Friday)
All work from the previous week will be due on the next Monday. Opportunities will be given to drop off the previous week’s work and pick up a new school work packet for the upcoming week. The following dates will be drop off and pick up dates:
- Monday, April 6th from 7:30am to 9am (drop off your work from the previous week and pick up the new packet)
- Monday, April 13th from 7:30am to 9am (drop off your work from the previous week and pick up the new packet)
- Monday, April 20th from 7:30am to 9am (drop off your work from the previous week and pick up the new packet)
Due to the Governor’s order regarding the number of people that are allowed to congregate in a building and our childcare being in session, we are going to have you drop off and pick up work in the school parking lot for the above mentioned dates. The teachers will be there and will deliver your packet and collect all school work from the previous week while you are in your vehicle. Remember, that attendance will be counted if the school work assigned on that day in the core subjects (ELA, Religion, and math in grades 4K to 4th and ELA, Religion, math, social studies, and science in grades 5-8) is handed in on the following Monday as previously stated in the virtual learning plan.
Stay healthy and let me know if you have any questions.