Keeping Kids Safe: Wisconsin School Safety Grant Awarded
Good Shepherd's Lutheran School's grant request for the WI School Safety Grant has been accepted. We are going to be awarded $23,925 for security upgrades. The items that were approved were:
- Active Shooter Training for the faculty.
- Push Locks on the inside of the interior classroom doors in our building.
- Shatterproof glass film to be applied on the main entrance.
- A set of walkie-talkies for more efficient communication on campus.
- New Main entrance doors.
- 6 exterior and interior security cameras.
Lori B., GSLS Administrative Assistant and Principal Henning (along with constituents from a number of other schools) attended a press conference with this announcement this afternoon. The press conference consisted of a statement from the Attorney General (Brad Shimel) and then Mrs. B. and Principal Henning signed papers and received a photo-op with the AG. Also in the photos is the West Allis police chief (Pat Mitchell) who has nephews that attend our school.To God be the glory that we were able to secure this grant as many of these items serve as a proactive approach to ensuring, the best that we can, that the lambs that we teach every day at GSLS are kept safe.