Good Shepherd's 17th Annual Book Fair
This year's theme is
Stomp, Chomp, and Read!
May 2-7, 2019
The whole school is excited about our upcoming Book Fair. An amazing selection of books is headed our way! At the Book Fair you will find the latest and finest titles for kids, as well as books of interest to parents. The Book Fair is a great way to get everyone excited about reading.
This spring, get ready to hold the biggest, loudest book fair ever! It’s the Scholastic DINO-MITE Book Fair: Stomp, Chomp, and Read! Super-size fun awaits when the school community is turned into reading raptors, bookceratops, and readasaurus rex bookivores ready to unleash their inner dino and enjoy a stomping, chomping, reading good time!
Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up, sales, and tear-down.
Please contact the school office if you can help.
Thursday, May 2: 3:30-5:30pm
Friday, May 3: 7:45-11:30am – Open throughout Grandparents Day!
& 3:30-8:30pm – Visit the Art & Science Fair, Meet Dog Man, Bake Sale & MORE!
Sunday, May 5: 9:00am-12:00pm – Meet Dog Man! (specific time still being determined)
Monday, May 6: 3:30-5:30pm
Tuesday, May 7: 3:30-6:00pm – Meet Dog Man! (specific time still being determined)
Our 2019 Book Fair is soon approaching and we’re hoping that your families can participate in the activities available during the fair! Since the fair is moved to May, please think about books that your children may want to engage with over the summer!
Special activities during the Book Fair:
- For each $15 spent, earn an entry to WIN 2 Admission Tickets w/ Parking to the Zoo PLUS 2 Attraction Tickets to visit the new summer exhibit at the Zoo!
- FREE! - How well do you know dinosaurs? Take a chance at our DINO MATCH GAME. Winner(s) will receive a choice of prize!
- FREE! - BOOK SCAVENGER HUNT for K3-6th Graders. Complete it and be entered to win a prize!
- Play the DINO EGG GRAB for $1.00! Every egg is a winner! Prizes include dino-mite themed tchotchkes to $5 Scholastic Dollars!
- Purchase a book from a CLASSROOM WISH LIST or Round Up or Donate your spare change at check out in the for ALL for BOOKS™ box to help build our classroom libraries!
- Bring your change for the COIN OF THE DAY CLASSROOM TEAM CHALLENGE!
Thursday, May 2 – Pennies & Nickels
Friday, May 3 – Dimes
Monday, May 6 – Quarters
Tuesday, May 7 – Any kind of money!!
The classroom team that brings in the most change will win a pizza party!
Teams are the following: Child Care, K4 &
K5, 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5 & 6th, 7th & 8th. If the Child Care Team wins, we will provide pizza for the teachers and any children able to eat pizza.
Please share with you friends and neighbors! We look forward to seeing you and your family at our Book Fair! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
Can’t visit the fair?...you can Shop Online (available April 18 - May 8)
Your Good Shepherd’s Book Fair Team
P.S. Check out the additional information about the NEW E-WALLET payment option on the web page!